Mid-Level UI+Icon Designer/Illustrator at DaisyBill

Posted on: 02/04/2021

Location: (REMOTE)

full time

Crunchbase | Original Source

Tags: illustrator figma

We are looking for a full-time versatile designer/illustrator who has strong digital skills. Core to this role is the ability to work in a 70% digital environment but also be able to generate marketing elements in the other 30% of your time. We are looking to you to help us improve our image and create new web pages that are simple, elegant, and charming. As part of the process of making the website look better and be more useful to the general public, you will be creating Industry report cards, slicker blogs, and beautiful newsletters-- these are just a few of the items on our list. Beyond the web, we will need you to bring your awesome designs to printed items, video graphics and even brand entire events (after covid). Essentially, you will be instrumental in building a brand identity system that works for a wide array of different environments. We are a small and highly collaborative company so we will value your input tremendously. Taking ownership of a project and running with it, is music to our ears. That means you are highly motivated, self-managed, organized, open to feedback :) Please send a link to your online portfolio along with your resume. Applications without strong UI portfolio examples will mostly likely **not** be considered. ¯\\_(ツ)\_/¯ ### WHAT YOU WILL DO * Acquire a deep understanding of the DaisyBill brand * Define how to evolve our current state of design to something better * Work closely and collaboratively with the Sr. Product Designer and Product Manager on new and continuing projects * Create web pages, logos, icons, illustrations, video graphics, and stationery items * Quickly iterate and offer versions based on design critique from peers * Build out multi-version comps for presentation and discussion * Hand off your work with the proper instructions for others to reproduce your work accurately * Review work in production and give feedback to vendors ### WHO YOU ARE * 3-6 yrs of web & visual design experience with a UI focused portfolio * Obsessive attention to detail * Focus and dedication to how products “look” and “feel” as a family * Exceptional design velocity: ability and willingness to quickly produce multiple concepts * Excellent communication and organizational skills * Deeply collaborative and iterative approach * Basic understanding of CSS / HTML ### HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT * Work in an environment where you, your work, and your ideas matter and have an impact * Work in a new and young business with high potential and growth * Build your own success story together with us * Start-up feel but backed up by the confidence of a proven product with a very stable user base - this is a successful, high-volume business * Working with self-organized, self-responsible, and entrepreneurial employees, who are really nice * Good medical benefits * 40-hour work week. Really ### **WHERE YOU WILL SPEND YOUR TIME** Physically: This is a full-time, currently-remote, job -- but in normal times, it would be on-site in NYC. Digitally: * Figma * Illustrator * Trello * Slack * Google * Spotify ABOUT DAISYBILL --------------- **We provide brilliant workers’ compensation billing solutions** It's our mission to solve the horrendously complex issues surrounding the billing through workers compensation. Everyday we show up because the billing process for workers’ comp is a mess. Everyone has to jump through too many hoops, file too much paperwork, make too many phone calls. This works for nobody: not doctors, not insurance companies, not claims administrators, employers, legislators, attorneys…and most importantly, not injured workers. But we are fixing this. We are the only people on the planet (that we know of) who have been able to build a platform that makes this process manageable and largely automated. It’s hardly perfect but it is a massive improvement. Not only do our clients absolutely love us, bills get paid easily and quickly and patients get the care they need. That’s a lot of wins. ### DAISYBILL GOAT VALUES 1. Be bold - The status quo just isn’t good enough 2. Outperform - What we do, we do best 3. Customers matter - Keep our customers top of mind, constantly, and all else follows 4. Persevere - Find a way or make one 5. Improve constantly - We get smarter 6. Collaborate - Me. We.* 7. Be nice - Real, straightforward, open-minded, honest, and ethical 8. Value diversity - Of thought, experience, mindset, and angle of attack 9. Live your best life - Work should only be 25% of your life 10. GOAT - The Daisy Team strives to be the Greatest of All Time *Muhammad Ali spoke at Harvard University in 1975. When someone in the audience requested a poem, Ali’s response was “Me. We.” We love this simple and pithy statement connecting the individual and the team.